Unit 20 Stevie and Tiger 第20单元 史提夫和老虎
Steve Wonder and Tiger Woods are in a bar. Steve Wonder says:"How's the golf?" 史提夫·汪达和老虎·伍兹在酒吧里聊天。史提夫·汪达说:“最近高尔夫打得怎么样啊?”
Woods replies:"Not too bad, I've had some problems with my swing, but I've got that right now." 伍兹回答:“还可以,最近挥杆是有点不顺,但我想问题已经克服了。”
Stevie Wonder says:"I always find that when my swing goes wrong, I need to stop playing for a while and not think about it. 史提夫说:“我发现每次我只要挥杆不顺,最好就是休息一阵子什么都不要想,
Then, the next time I play, it seems to be all right." 等下回打球时,就什么问题都没了。”
Tiger Woods says:"You play golf?" 老虎·伍兹说:“你也打高尔夫?”
Stevie Wonder says:"Oh, yes, I've been playing for many years." 史提夫·汪达说:“是啊,我打了好多年了。”
And Woods says:"But, you're blind. How can you play golf if you're blind?" 伍兹说:“可是你不是失明了吗?眼睛看不见怎么打高尔夫呢?”
Wonder replies:"I get my caddy to stand in the middle of the fairway and call to me. I listen for the sound of his voice and play towards him." 汪达回答:“我叫我的球童站在球道中央然后叫我,我便听着他嗓子传来的声音,把球朝他的方向打。”
"Then, when I get to where the ball lands, the caddy moves to the green or farther1 down the fairway and again I play the ball towards his voice." “等球落地后,球童便移动到果岭或是球道更远的地方,我再把球朝他声音的方向打。”
Woods asks:"What's your handicap2?" 伍兹问:“你什么方面差点?”
Stevie says, "Well, I'm a scratch golfer. We've got to paly a round sometime." 史提夫说:“我是零差点球员。改天来打场球吧。”
Woods says,"Ok, I'm game for that, when would you like to play?" 伍兹说:“好啊,我很乐意。你觉得什么时间比较好”
Stevie says, "Pick a night!" 史提夫说:“选一天晚上吧!”