**名词篇
1. wallflower: 壁花;害羞、不擅社交的人,多指女孩
I met this gorgeous girl, a bit of a wallflower, but very sweet.
我见过这个美女,虽然有点害羞,但人很好。
2. weirdo: 怪人
What did he mean by that? Weirdo!
他那是什么意思?怪咖!
3. drama queen: 小题大做的人,反应激烈夸张的人
God, he's such a drama queen! I've never seen such a fuss.
天啊,他可真能作秀!我从未见过这么小题大做的。
4. clam1: 沉默寡言的人,守口如瓶的人;clam原指蛤蜊
(另一个海鲜词oyster<牡蛎>也可指“沉默寡言的人”)
Suddenly, she became a clam and wouldn’t talk anymore.
她突然就沉默寡言了,一句话也不说。
5. laugh: 好玩的人,有趣的人,开心果
You'd like Sharon - she's a good laugh.
你会喜欢莎伦的——她这个人很风趣。
6. goody-goody: 老好人
He's a bit of a goody-goody.
他是个老好人。
7. party animal: 热衷于社交聚会的人
That kid is such a party animal. He takes every opportunity he gets to go to a party.
那孩子热衷聚会——他会抓住每个可以参加聚会的机会。
**形容词篇
8. reserved: 拘谨;矜持;内向
The English have a reputation for being reserved.
英国人以矜持闻名。
9. goofy: 傻的;疯疯癫癫的
I like Jim, but he's a little goofy.
我喜欢吉姆,但是他有点傻乎乎的。
10. accommodating: 乐于助人的;与人方便的
I'm sure she'll help you - she's always very accommodating.
我相信她肯定会帮助你的——她一向乐于助人。
11. articulate: 口齿伶俐的,有口才的
She is an intelligent and highly articulate girl.
她是个聪明过人且口齿伶俐的女孩。
12. outgoing: 开朗的,外向活泼的
She has a very outgoing personality.
她性格非常开朗。