Remember the day I borrowed your brand new car and dented1 it?
记得那天,我借用你的新车,我撞凹了它
I thought you'd kill me, but you didn't.
我以为你一定会杀了我的,但是你没有
And remember the time I dragged you to the beach, and you said it would rain, and it did?
记得那天,我拖你去海滩,而它真如你所说的下了雨
I thought you'd say, "I told you so." But you didn't.
我以为你会说“我告诉过你” ,但是你没有
Do you remember the time I flirted2 with all the guys to make you jealous, and you were?
记得那天,我和所有的男人调情好让你嫉妒,而你真的嫉妒了
I thought you'd leave, but you didn't.
我以为你一定会离开我,但是你没有
Do you remember the time I spilled strawberry pie all over your car rug?
记得那天,我在你的新地毯上吐了满地的草莓饼
I thought you'd hit me, but you didn't.
我以为你一定会厌恶我的,但是你没有
And remember the time I forgot to tell you the dance was formal and you showed up in jeans?
记得那天,我忘了告诉你那个舞会是要穿礼服的,而你却穿了牛仔裤
I thought you'd drop me, but you didn't.
我以为你一定要抛弃我了,但是你没有
Yes, there were lots of things you didn't do.
是的,有许多的事你都没有做,
But you put up with me, and loved me, and protected me.
而你容忍我钟爱我保护我
There were lots of things I wanted to make up to you when you returned from Vietnam.
有许多许多的事情我要回报你,等你从越南回来
But you didn't.
但是你没有。