不知从什么时候开始,“讲真”二字流行开来,时不时地出现在大家的口头禅里。这个词言简意赅,中文意思让人一听就懂。那你知道“讲真”用英语应该怎么说吗?
1. actually: 其实,事实上
Actually, I didn't see her - I just heard her voice.
实际上,我并没有看见她,只是听到了她的声音。
2. to put it bluntly: 坦率说
To put it bluntly, I can't afford it.
坦率地说,我买不起。
3. to be candid1 with you: 坦白的说
To be candid with you, I think you're making a dreadful mistake.
跟你说实话,我觉得你在犯一个可怕的错误。
4. to be perfectly2 frank with you (= Frankly): 十分坦诚的说
To be perfectly frank with you, I don't think she's the woman for the job.
十分坦诚地告诉你,我认为她不适合做那份工作。
5. tell me straight: 坦白说
Tell me straight, would you rather we didn't go tonight?
请坦白告诉我,你是不是希望我们今天晚上不去?
6. to be honest (= Speaking honestly): 老实说
To be honest, I don't think it will be possible.
说老实话,我认为那根本不可能。
7. to tell the truth: 说实话
To tell the truth, I'm quite pleased he's not coming.
说实话,他不来我很高兴。
8. stop/quit beating around the bush: 别绕弯子
Stop beating around the bush and tell me what you want.
别拐弯抹角了,直接告诉我你到底想怎么样。