Detective Del Spooner: What if I'm right?
戴尔•史普纳警探:如果我说对了会怎样?
Lt. John Bergin: [sighs] Well, then I guess we're gonna miss the good old days.
约翰•伯金少尉:(叹息)那,我想我们会开始怀念过去那些好日子了。
Detective Del Spooner: What good old days?
戴尔•史普纳警探:什么好日子?
Lt. John Bergin: When people were killed by “other people”.
约翰•伯金少尉:那时候人还是被"其他人"杀死的。
Detective Del Spooner: Human beings have dreams. Even dogs have dreams, but not you, you are just a machine. An imitation of
life. Can a robot write a symphony? Can a robot turn a... canvas into a beautiful masterpiece?
戴尔•史普纳警探:人类有梦想,甚至狗都有梦想,但你没有,你只是个机器,一个冒充生命的赝品。一个机器人能写交响乐么?一个机器人能把一个,嗯,帆布变成一幅美丽的杰作么?
Sonny: Can ”you“?
桑尼:"你"能么?
Detective Del Spooner: I think you murdered him because he was teaching you to simulate emotions and things got out of control.
戴尔•史普纳警探:我认为是你杀了他,因为当时他正在训练你模拟感情,然后事情就失去了控制。
Sonny: I did not murder him.
桑尼:我真的没杀他。
Detective Del Spooner: But emotions don't seem like a very useful simulation for a robot.
戴尔•史普纳警探:但是对一个机器人来说,感情不像是个有用的模拟物品。
Sonny: [getting angry] I did not murder him.
桑尼:(开始生气了)我真的没杀他。
Detective Del Spooner: Hell, I don't want my toaster or my vacuum cleaner appearing emotional...
戴尔•史普纳警探:该死,我可不想让我的烤箱或者吸尘器显得充满感情……
Sonny: [Hitting table with his fists] I did not murder him!
桑尼:(用拳头敲桌子)我真的没杀他!
Detective Del Spooner: [as Sonny observes the inflicted1 damage to the interrogation table]
That one's called anger. Ever simulate anger before?
戴尔•史普纳警探:(当桑尼在观察审问桌的破坏情况时)这就叫"愤怒",以前模仿过"愤怒"没有?
Detective Del Spooner: [Entering Calvin's office room] In the lab, before Sonny jumped us...
戴尔•史普纳警探:(进入加尔文的办公室)在这个实验室,在桑尼从我们这儿跑开以前……
Susan Calvin: [Interrupts] Sonny?
苏珊.加尔文:(打断他)桑尼?
Detective Del Spooner: The robot.
戴尔•史普纳警探:那个机器人。
Susan Calvin: You're calling the robot Sonny?
苏珊.加尔文:你叫那个机器人桑尼?
Detective Del Spooner: No, it did. The robot did. I didn't care, the robot said it was Sonny. In the lab, there was a cott.
I'm asking you, did you see the cott?
戴尔•史普纳警探:不,它叫的。那个机器人叫的。我才不管呢,那个机器人说它是桑尼。这实验室原来有个床。我在问你那,你原来有没有见过那个床?
Susan Calvin: I slept in my office.
苏珊.加尔文:我睡在自己的办公室。
Sonny: [Looking around at the robots while he is about to be "killed"] They all look like me. But none of them are me.
桑尼:(环视周围的机器人,他马上要被"处死"了)他们看起来都像我,但是没有一个是我。
Susan Calvin: That's right. You are unique.
苏珊.加尔文:是,你是独一无二的。
Sonny: [pause] Will it hurt?
桑尼:(停顿)会疼么?